Sign by Danasoft - Myspace Layouts and Signs

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

People felt insulted…. Humiliated!

Some of you guys might have read a lot if you have been reading my blog. I have put down my thoughts about the bike; and these thoughts had come from the bottom of my heart. Today I am writing about what others had to say about this bike.
As I told you guys, I had been to this road which is a self-proclaimed race-track. I had put some laps there and I was returning. On my way back I met four friends. They were on four bike– Honda Dio, Honda CBR400RR, Yamaha R6 (prepped up) and a wonderful MV Agusta F4 750. Guys, trust me, I am not kidding. There were these four bikes riding to that same track. I can understand that people who feel MV Agusta is impossible, for them, I shall post some pics of the MV Agusta in which I am myself riding that bike.
Anyways, coming back to the point. These guys saw the R15 and asked me to join them for one more lap. They wanted to see the capabilities of the bike. And I was more than happy to show them what the bike was capable of.
We started off from the start of the track. I let the MV and the R6 go first. Initially, there are straights where obviously the big bikes flew off. I took a proper launch, the one where I burnt the clutch and let the bike off at 8000rpm. Couple of corners and I was at the tail of the MV. Next corner and I had taken the MV. I tried to push my bike further. There was a straight and obviously the MV took me once again. Next was a hairpin and I could go in the corner way quicker than the Italian. From there, there was no looking back. Next left hander and I had caught up with the R6. Couple more corners and I was leading!
This might read to many as an exaggeration. But fellas, believe me, the small size of the R15 makes it much more controllable and tractable. It was easy to maneuver the small bike. Again, it had the right amount of power. On the bigger bikes, the power is too much and scares the shit out of inexperienced riders. That’s where the R15 scored a lot. I raced away till the end. I stopped at the finish and waited for the R6 to arrive. My friend on the R6 came, parked his bike and came and said to me, “Dude, you flew!” That’s all he had to say. We waited for like 10 min for the MV Agusta guy to come. He didn’t arrive. So went back the route searching for him and hoping nothing had gone wrong in any one of those corners. We reached the mid-point of the route and there he was standing, enjoying the scene around. When asked why he didn’t come to the finish, he replied (disgustedly) “This guy (myself) doesn’t even respect an MV on a puny 150cc bike. Why should I race with him???” I was flattered! The MV Agusta rider was actually humiliated and he didn’t intend to ride along with me! Ha ha! I was delighted.
Anyways, this is bound to happen if that’s a race between a small bike and an uncontrollably fast bike on a race track. In no ways I want to claim that the R6 or the MV Agusta is slower than the R15. I just want to put down that sometimes, lesser power and smaller size of the bike helps it. And I would like to point it out to those guys who have been cribbing about the small size of the bike that this is how the small size helps!
Anyways, I’ll be back with more fun soon….
Expect some dramatic photo shoots later this month!
Till then, Ride safe!

2 comments:

ringo said...

G8 like the R6 is faster than R1 on tight corners.
Can you post some pictures of R15 along with MV.

Regards,
Sanjay

Jayan Rajan said...

he he he.....while reading this post i was laughing and my wife asked me,l why was i laughing then i hv to explain her about the whole thing and she also started laughing...:)