Sign by Danasoft - Myspace Layouts and Signs

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Where have the helmets gone guys?

I, being a hardcore bike enthusiast, advocate safe riding first! I completely hate people who don't follow safety. If you guys have seen my biking photos on this blog, then you guys might have noticed that I am in complete riding gear always. A complete race suit is definitely not necessary every time you go out to ride a bike. But a proper riding jacket and a helmet is definitely a must for every biker.
Why am I talking about this right now? The reason is the bikers. And especially the ones that I have seen in the recent times. And I am specifically talking about the R15 riders that I have seen. I stay in Pune. And in the past few days, I have seen many (R15) bikers roaming around the city without helmets. I don't want to target the R15 owners here. There are many more innumberable people who are riding bikes in the city and who don't use helmets. But we know that these are the stupid commuters who don't really understand the need of the safety gear. But since I consider the R15 riders as true blue bikers, atleast they should wear the helmets. Is it that these bikers just want to show off? Maybe. But then aren't they portraying themselves as stupid bikers?
I just want to make a request to all the bikers to wear proper riding gear while riding any kind of bike. A good helmet and a good jacket should be enough for day-to-day city riding. Invest a little on the riding gear and you guys will definitely reap the benefits sometime in your life!

No comments: